Can I take Nomestrol to start periods?

Question
trying to conceive but taking depo shot for about 2 years and nopw after 6 mths of not taking the shot havent seen my period. Can a take a shot of Nomestrol to jump start my period

Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seek fertility consultant nomestrol wont suffice

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Progestin; inhibits secretion of gonadotropins from pituitary gland, prevents follicular maturation and ovulation, and stimulates growth of mammary tissue.
The half life of depo is 50 days and you have used it for two years. Upto one year average the odds of fertility are low because all the hormonal imbalances and ovulation immaturity periods take time to get regular and are with out egg for a few cycles.
Hang in there .It will take time to get pregnant. Nomestrol is a combined oral contraceptive and we recommend them for irregular periods and can be used but i want you not to use it with out speaking to you fertility consultant. Get in touch yiu might be be needing more than just OCP. Ovulation induction and depo induced weight gains might need to be get rid of in order to conceive.
Seek a fertility consultant and let them have you conceive.yiubhave waited for six months. Wait for a few more.periods will start themselves the moment hormones get back to normal which in average takes from 7 to 12 months.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Khan

Follow-up: Can I take Nomestrol to start periods? 9 minutes later
My OBGYN recommended one shot of Nomestrol to jump start my menstraul cycle should I take it just to see if the process of ovulation can start it has been 5 mths now that I have been with my depo shot

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go for nomestrol add clomiphene

Detailed Answer:
Thank You For Asking
As i said already nomestrol is used to get periods regular and can be used and the only reason I didn't recommend it because I wanted you to discuss it with you obgyn and that had been done so go for it.
I suggest add some ovulation induction agents like clomiphene citrate so that odds of fertility increase.
good luck and keep trying and hope for the best.
Regards.
Khan.
close the discussion please.