question-icon

Can I take NiCam with metformin,Losartan and Simvastatin?

Posted on Fri, 7 Mar 2014
Question: Can I take NiCam (over the counter cold med) with metformin, Losartan and Simvastatin?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Levocetrizine is safe with drugs mentioned Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail. I understand your concern. I couldn't find the composition of Tab NiCam. If you could check on the label and tell us , I would be able to help you better. In general most of the over the counter cold medications contain Anti Histaminics like Levocetrizine. Paracetamol is also present in many combinations. They are safe to take with the medicines you have mentioned here. I would recommend you following : 1. Tab Levocetrizine 5 mg once a day for cold. 2. Steam inhalation 4 times a day. 3. Tab Paracetamol 500 mg on as when required basis if you have associated fever with cold. You should follow this for 3 days. Also you should continue your ongoing medications as advised by your physician. I hope this information helps you. Still of you have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy.
Dr. Anshul Varshney