Can I take Meftal tab during the 9th month of pregnancy?

General Surgeon
Question
I am in 9th month of pregancy, i am feeling sever pain in my lower abdoman, since last night ,i visited my doctor she says its not like labor pain. so pls tell me is it normal ?is there any sideffect on baby? can i take DVN -forte tablet which my doctor advise me or can i take meftal spas tab?plss advise me.what should i have to do
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
likely to be false labor pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

It's quite common to see individual experiencing pain in abdomen when they are nearing term especially primigravida(1st time pregnant). As you have been assessed by your physician and there are no other signs of labor it's likely to be due to either

1. False labor pain: It is usually not associated with Uterine contraction and cervical dilatation

2. Constipation: Presence of constipation could also be cause for pain . Constipation usually gets severe in last trimester

I would suggest you the following

1. Keep tab on kick count of baby as advised by your Obestetrician
2. Watch for discharge or leakage from vagina
3. You can dvn forte as advised by your Obestetrician
4. Consume plenty of oral fluids
5. Adequate rest in lateral position
6. If constipated: Laxative like Lactulose will be helpful

If you notice any of the following consult your Obestetrician
1. Decreased kick count
2. Persistent severe pain in abdomen
3. Leakage of fluids

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh

Follow-up: Can I take Meftal tab during the 9th month of pregnancy? 1 hour later
Hi doctor,

I read that DVN forte is for accelerate labor pain but can i take meftal spas too to reduse my labor pain.or dear sir i hv no any constipation .

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
dvn forte is antispasmodic analgesic

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms

Dvn forte is definitely not for acceleration of labor.it contains Drotavarine which is antispasmodic and Paracetamol which is analgesic. The action is same as of Meftal Spas which is also antispasmodic analgesic.

Best regards
Dr Deepak

Follow-up: Can I take Meftal tab during the 9th month of pregnancy? 5 minutes later
Thank you, Dr.,So FINALLY I CAN TAKE DVN forte only as SOS?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take dvn forte

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Dear Ms

You can definitely take dvn forte sos.

Wishing you a very happy and safe motherhood

Best regards
Dr Deepak