Can I take Lorazepam for anxiety?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: I am having a Mir tomorrow, tried last Saturday but could not do it. I have called my ortho Dr mob and Tuesday, has been too busy to prescribe something to take the edge off, I have fresh lorazepam 2mg on hand, I normally take one in the am and one in the evening for anxiety. I was thinking about taking 2 a half hour before my second try within this procedure, Do you think that will help?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can help you

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine medication which helps in all forms off anxiety including fear of closed spaces such as MRI. I hope this can work for you if you take it almost 45 minutes before the procedure.

In case this does not help you Xanax is better option as it acts as more powerful agent in anxiety related to closed spaces.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj