Ask a Urologist   »  

Can I take Bisoprolol and Panax Ginseng together?

Cardiologist
Question
Can I take bisoprolol and Panax Ginseng together?
Experiencing minor ED, and cardiologist will not recommend Viagra et al...
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would epxlain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that taking Bisoprolol and Panax Ginseng together is safe; no interaction are observed and no adverse effects could arise.

So, you can use them both safely.

But, it is not the case with the combination of Bisoprolol with Viagra: Bisoprolol will increase the effect of Viagra by decreasing its clearance by the liver.

Coming to this point, their concomitant use is not recommended and if unavoidable, it would be necessary to decrease their dose (or Viagra dose) when taken together.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri