Can I lower my cholesterol naturally without medication?
The statin can affect the liver which I am concerned about. The question is can I lower my cholesterol naturally without the medication or would it increased my chance of having a stroke without the medication since there is blockage? Also if I have to take the medicine would I have to take it for the duration of my life?
LDL less likely to reduce without medication.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic .
Since you already have 40%block you are adviced to take both statin and aspirin. Only with natural ways it is unlikely your LDL will come down.
Also by natural ways the body production of LDL is not stopped. It is reduced by statin. Natural way is used as addition to statins.
yes you are adviced to take it life long as if you leave ,again chances of increase in LDL may be seen.
Statin rarely cause effect on liver like 1 in 100. So you need not worry .
Following are some natural ways which you should do with statins
-reduce weight, and stop eating fried items and use if butter etc.
-eat nuts, fruits like green apple,papaya, and reduce salt intake.
If your LDL level is not reduced there are more chances of stroke .
Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Supplements to lower cholesterol without medication
- Medical term for low cholesterol
- Natural aids to lowering cholesterol
- Natural food lower cholesterol
- Lowering cholesterol without statins
- Hcg diet and cholesterol medications
- Can you lower your cholesterol level without medication
- Natural supplements for lowering cholesterol
- How can high cholesterol be reduced without medication
- Naturally lower cholesterol levels