Can I inject anti-typhoid anti-bodies to my body manually?

Dr. Madhuri Patil

Diabetologist

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Infections
Question: I took a leave for 10 days from work stating that i was infected with typhoid. But actually i was doing good. I would consult the local doctor for the reports & other stuff.

My concern- Once after rejoining , if my company asked to take a blood sample or medical report once again from their affiliated hospital then what is the possibility for the affiliated hospital doctors or lab tech to find out that i was not sick.

any special tablet i need to take to avoid such situation. Please help me .
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 4 hours later
Hi there. I wish we could really help you in this case had you not lied.

But please make sure you take help of truth as as it is not only good for your career but also for your mental health.

Now the typhoid fever has tests which can be done to see if the person was really infected or not. This is because people with typhoid fever carry either the bacteria silently and become carriers or they have anti-typhoid antobodies left in their body to identify that the person was really infected by typhoid bacteria.
It is very much possible for a well experienced doctor to make out clinically and by these lab tests to make out that the claim of illness was false.
Sorry to tell the truth.
Follow up: Dr. Madhuri Patil 7 hours later
thanks for your reply,

could you please let me know the test which would be taken for such examination.

Please also let me know more on anti-typhoid antibodies, what exactly is that??

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 3 hours later
Simple widal tests for anti-H and Anti-O antigen antibodies tests can reveal whether the person had recent typhoid or not.

Blood Culture is the definitive method for diagnosis of S. typhi or S. paratyphi infection.

About anti-typhoid antibodies: anti-H and anti-O:

Serology is of only limited value because false positives and negatives are common.

Increased titres are consistent with infection, the carrier state or immunisation.

For a patient who has not been immunised, a positive Widal test is one in which there is a four-fold rise in anti-O antibody or a titre of >100 in a single blood sample taken in the first 3 weeks of the illness.

I hope you got your answer. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS KNOWLEDGE FOR YOUR LOCAL DOCTOR FOR MAKING FALSE REPORTS FOR THIS AS A FURTHER LIE CAN PUT YOU IN TROUBLE.

- DR XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Madhuri Patil 2 days later
thanks a lot, i suppose all doctor know above info so i don't use it with doc.\\

Just asked to improve my knowledge...

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 10 hours later
Good. Wish you all the best.