Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Can I increase my height after growing age?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
myself XXXXXXX from INDIA.My age is 22.but my height is 5"2 inch.i want increase my is possible or not.Mo no-0000.please help me...
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later

Thanks for the query.

The height of a human being depends on the long bones, these long bones keep growing in males until the age of 18 to 19 after that the growing part of the bone known as the 'epiphyses' fuses permanently. Once the epiphyses fuses, no further growth can take place. Since you are 22 this would have already occurred.

The final height is decided by genes. Growth hormones were tried on short people, it did increase the height in them but the final height was the same as that decided by genes.

I strongly advise you not to go for commercial products that promise increase in height as none of them are genuine.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you had no further queries.

I wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor