Can I have two glasses of wine in the evening

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 25 Mar 2019 in Mental Health
Question: Can I have two glasses of wine in the evening the day I received Propofol in the early morning?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns about interaction of alcohol with propofol.

First of all we need to understand that propofol and alcohol both belong to central nervous system depressant category and should be avoided as far as possible. This is because use of both of them can cause serious drowsiness, inability to concentrate, think and judge properly. Even some of the individuals report serious confusion in such situations which is more common with XXXXXXX citizens.

Having said this if you are dependent on alcohol take the half amount of daily dose and avoid exceeding that limit at any cost.

To conclude it can be stated that use of alcohol after morning propofol can cause side effects and should be avoided as far as possible. In case avoidance is not possible take the half amount of alcohol which you use to consume every day.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.