Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Can I have rheumatoid arthritis? What should the blood work be like?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
i want to know whether i am diagnoised with rhemotoid arthirities .. can you please help .. i have my blood reports with me
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX thanks for the query.
You have not sent your reports.kindly send the reports for me to comment upon.
Your current medications taken by you,HCQS and SAZO are prescribed in rheumatoid arthritis.
Waiting for your reports
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can I have rheumatoid arthritis? What should the blood work be like? 25 hours later
Yesterday i had a visit to the rhemutologist , and have been given below medicines to be consumed for next 10 days and further medications will be given after the follow up visit.

HCQS - ( one in the night)
RAZO20 (one in the night)
Defzona 6( one in mng and night)
Further the docs have asked me to undergo further more blood test , Vitamin D3, Urine , some liver test .. and couple of more test.

Kindly guide

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
The most important diagnostic criteria for presence of rheumatoid arthritis is the detection of anti ccp antibodies in blood however their absence does not rule out rheumatoid arthritis completely.
Your blood report shows the abscence of ani ccp antibodies
Your doctor has therefore ordered some more tests.
There is a condition called as seronegative arthritis where the symptoms are suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis but are negative for rheumatoid arthritis tests
Rheumatologist is the best person to decide about it.
I advise you to have faith on your doctor and continue the treatment as advised.

You can revert to me for any other query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor