Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Can I give pediasure for my toddler suffering from constipation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
please suggest my baby boy weight is around 10 + and he is 2 1/2 years old ,he not each much he im worried as he is not growing like other kids,although he is active and sharp minded kid ,but worrying about his growth if i say he drink milk alot that is also not true he drinks around 4 bottle milk in 24hours,earlier i started giving him horlicks but at that time i don't know blood comes when he passe stool so i stopped that. now days he facing a Constipation problem some time he is not able to pass stool for entire 24 hours please suggest can i give him pediasure for his growth
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,as your child is active so nothing to worry. Average weight at 2years of age is 12 kg. Constipation is diet related. But as you said you are giving milk 4times that is the reason he is not taking adequate meals and is constipated. I suggest you to give milk 2 times. Give him 3major meals and 2snacks in between. Add fibre to his diet and give balanced diet. Give cerelas,fruit,green leafy vegetables,fruit,carrot. Give plenty of fluids. It will take him sometime to take regular meals. If he takes balanced diet there is no need to add any supplement. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor