Can I get pregnant as per my ultrasound report?

Excellent
Question
Hello Doctor,
I want to know the chances of getting pregnant.
I have pcos and now under treatment since 1yr .
now i have taken an hcg 5000 iuim on the twelfth day .
My report on 12th day is as follows:-
uterus is anteverted measures-7.9x5.6x3.2 cm
endometrium measures-0.7cm
right ovary measures- 3.3x2.3 cm
df measures-1.6x1.5 cm
left ovary measures-2.9x2.7 cm
df measures-2.4x1.9 cm
POD-free
impression- ovulatory cycle
i m taking glycomet sr 1000 in morning and 500 in evening to lose my weight
my height is 5.6 ft and weight is 72kg
i also take medicine ovalife twice a day regularly, ccq100(day2-day6 {two at a time}),progynova(day7-day11{two at a time,thrice a day})
my doctor has called for iui on the 14th day
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have very good chances of getting pregnant.

Detailed Answer:

As per the findings and the medication, you have pretty good chances of conceiving. You have well ripening follicles and need to establish ovulation just around getting the IUI done.

The endometrial thickness is also optimal. Further monitoring is likely to show follicle rupture on ovulation in a couple of days.

Please continue with the prescribed medication and follow your doctor's suggestions. Hope your partner's semen analysis is normal and your tubes have been tested to be patent.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Can I get pregnant as per my ultrasound report? 6 minutes later
my husband's semen analysis and culture is normal and count is 72 millions per ml

Brief Answer:
Normal finding, nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your feed back.

Your husband's semenalysis is normal and as such, with IUI chances of conception become higher. With IUI, the possible deleterious effect of anti-sperm antibodies in the cervix and the vagina is also overcome. This is a good method even when the semen count shows low numbers as well as weak progression.

Please go ahead with the procedure taking care that everything is done under sterile conditions to prevent any infection.

Hope I have answered your doubt. Please feel free to contact if you need any more information. I will be ready to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Can I get pregnant as per my ultrasound report? 4 minutes later
plz tell me what precautions should i take after iui is done, shall i have to take rest or not?

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can resume work after a couple of hours.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing again.

You can resume work after resting for a couple of hours. You should make sure that the sperm injected ascends up into the uterus and then on into the fallopian tube without leaking out and so, should lie flat for at least 15 minutes after the injection, preferably with the hips elevated.

Hope all your queries have been answered. Please contact if you need any more information. I will be available to help.

Wish you success.

regards,
Shanti.V.