Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Can I control triglyceride and cholesterol levels with physical exercise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Sorry for giving you late response. Yes, i am satisfied with your response. One thing, i would like to know that without having medicine can i continues with physical exercise. With regard S. Mahesh XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 days later
Brief Answer: It is better to start medicines... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Apologies for the late reply... You need exercise and diet changes even if you are on medicines. They are most important means to control your triglyceride and cholesterol values. You need to make diet changes and start physical exercise right away. Since your lipid profile reveal significantly very high triglyceride values, I feel it would be good to start triglyceride lowering drugs along with exercise. So visit your doctor and start medications. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can I control triglyceride and cholesterol levels with physical exercise? 3 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Thank q for your valuable response. Regards S Mahesh XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Welcome... Detailed Answer: I wish you good luck and better health on this New Year. Take care... Please close this discussion if you have no more questions to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor