Can I check my BP on same side as the pacemaker?
Yes, you can check your bp on the same side of the pacemaker, unless and until there were no major complications during pacemaker implantation or arterial thrombosis, which are rare, and I guess it didn't happen in you. So you can check it. Initially, just compare bp in both arms, and the difference between 10-15 mmHg is normal between two arms.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
i had a stoke 4 years ago that affects my left side.
Still you can take it
Still you may be able to take bp on left side, but just as I mentioned, compare once with other side, as it may be fallacious due to stroke. If there is no significant difference then you can continue to take it. All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pacemaker implantation side effects
- Have high bp checking bp continuously bp varying
- Pacemaker side effects
- Pacemaker on right side of chest
- High bp and pacemaker surgery
- Pacemaker side effects bleeding
- Checking blood pressure with pacemaker
- Pain on right side of chest after pacemaker
- Heart pacemaker side effects
- Tingling in neck and check around pacemaker