Can Hydrocortisone cream 1% be applied on the thrush?
I suffer from dry skin on testicles and sometimes on penis shaft and I use a moisturising cream.
I have had now, for past week, had purple spots on my bellend, not sore, not lumps, but I did get oral sex for around 30 minutes and thought it was maybe just blood vessel bruising under the skin. But now I am thinking it is male thrush. Can I use my hydrocortisone cream on bell end. It’s 1 per cent
Looks like herpes, not looking like thrush
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be herpes infection most likely.
It is not looking like thrush.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take antiviral medicines like tablet aciclovir 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days and apply topical antibiotic like neosporin ointment on the affected areas twice daily.
Oral antivirals are prescription medicines and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Can apply anti fungal cream and see the response
I have reviewed the attached photograph and the picture of your penis resembles this picture but the photograph on your back area is not looking like thrush.
If your want to consider thrush as the diagnosis apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole cream or miconazole cream on the affected areas twice daily for 1 week.
Thrush will respond to anti fungal cream.
If it doesn’t respond then consider herpes.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hydrocortisone cream glans
- Hydrocortisone cream on tragus piercing
- Hydrocortisone cream bacterial vaginosis
- Hydrocortisone cream uses phimosis
- Frenulum breve hydrocortisone cream
- Hydrocortisone cream frenulum
- Hydrocortisone cream on vulva
- Hydrocortisone cream phlebitis
- Hydrocortisone cream for beard alopecia
- How to apply thrush cream
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs