Can Hydrocortisone cream 1% be applied on the thrush?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 5 Jul 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I think I have male thrush, as by going by pics that I have seen, they look identical. I use hydrocortisone cream 1 per cent, now and again on my back, when I get prickly heat and get a rash. I went to gym for a month and was on treadmill every day, doing 700/900 calorie burn. But with excessive sweating my back was nearly fully covered in rash. So I stopped going. Rash on back has cleared up.
I suffer from dry skin on testicles and sometimes on penis shaft and I use a moisturising cream.
I have had now, for past week, had purple spots on my bellend, not sore, not lumps, but I did get oral sex for around 30 minutes and thought it was maybe just blood vessel bruising under the skin. But now I am thinking it is male thrush. Can I use my hydrocortisone cream on bell end. It’s 1 per cent
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like herpes, not looking like thrush

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be herpes infection most likely.
It is not looking like thrush.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take antiviral medicines like tablet aciclovir 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days and apply topical antibiotic like neosporin ointment on the affected areas twice daily.
Oral antivirals are prescription medicines and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 30 minutes later
Hi, I have uploaded a Candida thrush pic. My colouring is not so dark, if you look at my pic that I sent you. But it is the closest pic to that of my pic. I cannot find Herpes pics that look like my pic at all.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can apply anti fungal cream and see the response

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photograph and the picture of your penis resembles this picture but the photograph on your back area is not looking like thrush.
If your want to consider thrush as the diagnosis apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole cream or miconazole cream on the affected areas twice daily for 1 week.
Thrush will respond to anti fungal cream.
If it doesn’t respond then consider herpes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D