Can HRT cause cardiovascular diseases?
I have gone carefully through your concern!
Yes, HRT (mainly estrogen component) has an increased risk for cardiovascular events, especially after 60-ies.
We can not say exactly what is the risk with percentage because it depends on other risk factors that may be present (high lipids profile, diabetes, smoking, family predisposition for cardiovascular events), but the risk is higher if you continue taking HRT at this age.
Hope i have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does hrt cause acne
- On hrt have diarrhea bloating on eating cause
- Hrt and the menopause
- On hrt gall bladder removed abnormal liver test report cause
- Hrt and periods
- Stasis dermatitis caused from hrt
- Can hrt cause rapid heart rate
- Does hrt cause weight gain
- Treatment for acne caused by hrt
- Can going off of hrt cause dizziness
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?