Can HRT cause cardiovascular diseases?

Endocrinologist
Question
I stopped takin HRT and now ak going to srart taking the pills again. Although the ingedients recent
are what my body requires my doctor tells me I have a 20 to 30% risk of having a heart attack by taking these pills. Is this true

I HAVE NO HEART ISSUES.

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About HRT:

Detailed Answer:
I have gone carefully through your concern!
Yes, HRT (mainly estrogen component) has an increased risk for cardiovascular events, especially after 60-ies.
We can not say exactly what is the risk with percentage because it depends on other risk factors that may be present (high lipids profile, diabetes, smoking, family predisposition for cardiovascular events), but the risk is higher if you continue taking HRT at this age.
Hope i have answered your query.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta