• question-icon

Can HIV virus survive outside human body?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in General Health
Question: Hello Sir,

I had a Sensual body massage a day ago by a female. It was a body to body massage with oil and We both were completely naked. She did body sliding as well by touching private parts on my body. Finally, there was a hand job where she used oil on my head of penis with foreskin down till I cum. I did not had condom while she was doing hand job. But No Sex at all.

The Massage table and massage oil may be used for some other person who came before me. I am thinking they may be any body fluid on the massage table or Towels which I used after bathing wipe.
I am very worried. I am at risk of Hiv or STD or STI?

Thank you.

Sir,

What in case if Massage oil when into my penis while doing hand job?

I am worried.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIV can easily be ruled out sir, other infections also most unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I understand your concern, but you also need to understand that the HIV-virus cannot survive in the external environment (e.g. the massage table, the oil used, the towel, etc.) and dies quite easily when left in the environment. So I do not think there is anything to worry about. Especially as you did not indulge in penetrative sexual contact with the masseuse.

You can rest assured that the risk for any infection is minimal sir. But you can choose to go about an STD-panel in about 2-3 weeks time, but I am sure that HIV can be ruled out, and chances for other less serious conditions is also minimal to negligible. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 12 hours later
Hi Sir,

Thank you so much for reply. Your reply given me relief mind stress.
But I have few questions just to confirm myself. Apologies for asking you questions again.

1) Has I explained I did NOT had any Sexual intercourse. Only masseuse given me hand job with oil. Will be any risk as she touched my penis foreskin down? hand job was just for 2 mins time.

2) Is any Risk has Masseuse did naked body sliding on my naked body?

3) Do you see any Risk ? and Do you recommend me to go for tests?

Please answer my questions so that I get mind relief as I am fully worried about the message (hand job). Please answer my questions Sir.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
I do not think you should worry anymore sir :)

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

1. Risk is minimum and close to non-existent sir, I do not think you should be worried about any infection through such contact.

2. I do not think so, such a mode of transmission of infections does not exist, so you need not worry about this either

3. I do not really see any risk. You can go for the tests only for your own satisfaction, but I do not see any reason why you should test sir.

Sorry for the delay sir. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan