Can HIV or STD be contracted through protected sex?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi doctor, i sent in a question few days ago. I went on vocation in hong kong for two weeks, return back to australia, and the temperature in hong kong was cold and in Australia was quiet hot. When i was in HK, i had protected sex with csw. First time finished with Masturbation without condom and kissed on the testicles area. 2nd time were started with protected oral sex then finished with protected vaginal and ejaculated inside a condom which didnt break. 3rd started with a massage, then a quick few mins protected vaginal sex and finished with masturbation with some sort of lotion provided by csw.And the final time was brief protected oral sex then finished with protected ejaculated varginal sex. And it is now 8 days after my last encounter. On the 3 days after the last encounter, i had some clear fluid around my penis, but no white or yellow discharge, however some parts of my body felt itch but no rash at all. On the 5 days, i couldnt see any clear fluid around my penis area, but itch still appear, the last answer i recieved from on the doctor said it could be some sort of skin allegie. Today which would be the 8 days, inhave discovered there are two redish colour bumps on my penis head area, but doesnt look like a pimple type, my penis also look like they have little bit of wrinkles but they are not sore and make me feel discomfort at all. I have been washing my penis very detail each day after my vocation, but i also had a masturbation two nights ago. Either than the two little bumps, my penis area feel normal. I would like to know is it a sign of STD or HIV early symptoms, do you think i should get it check out? Many thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not a cause for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone thoroughly through the details provided and I do not think that you need to worry about STDs or HIV. Possibly you have a fungal infection and nothing else. Application of clotrimazole powder topically should help. Usually an allergic component is also involved and so you would benefit from taking some antiallergic like cetirizine once daily for the next few days. I do not think that you need to get tested.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 20 hours later
Thanks doctor, the two spots i discovered yesterday seem to slowly become bruise colour and look like they are disappered. However there is one little red spot on the head of penis but no pain what so ever.no temperture but have a bit of sore neck and shoulder, not sure would it relate to anixity or over concern with possible std infection during last 9 days
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the updates. Could you please upload an image? It will help me to guide you better.

Once again, I do not think that you need to worry about STDs.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 9 minutes later
Hi Doctor thank you for your quick reply, hope you can see these images ok
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not a cause for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the images. I have gone through them. There does not seem to be any cause for concern. Nothing needs to be done. Application of clotrimazole powder should suffice.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 23 hours later
Hi doctor, sorry for being nonsense, just want to double check and make sure i have got the right cream for my issue, pls see attched photo
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Unfortunately there seems to be some problem with the attachment and it is not getting downloaded. Could you please re-upload? Let me assure you that if the label reads clotrimazole, you have got the right medicine. However, I would prefer powder to cream as creams cannot help in keeping the area dry. Nevertheless, creams will have the same medicinal effect.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 7 hours later
Hope this work thanks again
Brief Answer:
Correct one

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for uploading the image. This one works. The cream is the right one and can be used.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 30 hours later
Hi doctor yesterday and did a blood and urine test to make sure everything is ok, the blood test result came back today, they said everything is normal except high level of dist mite allegery found in the test! Its rather stupid question, will dist mite allegry level high related to any form of std or hiv? What can i do to reduce this level
Brief Answer:
You need not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Dust allergy or mites in dust would not cause STD or HIV. You need not worry about it. You need not bother about the levels of IgE (possibly that is what is found to be raised) unless you have any definite problems. In case you want, you can take Montek LC tablet (monteleukast + levocetirizine) [prescription medicine] once daily for next 10 days or so.