Can HIV or STD be contracted through non-penetrative sex?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: KHello doc... Am homosexual, two hours back gave a handjob to a stranger. During course of action I was wearing nitrile hand gloves after he ejaculated, Without removing gloves I unknowingly operate and XXXXXXX phone and also after removal of gloves I again touched my XXXXXXX . Also, after the handjob I washed my hands using dettol handwash (yello gel). Am worried about STDs HIV. please help me
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of STDs

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.
I an Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

There is no risk of STDs through this particular incident that you mention here.
There is no risk of acquisition of STDs through the skin of hands. Skin is a tough barrier. STDs are only transmitted through direct contact of either genital, anal or oral mucosae with infected secretions or mucosal surfaces e.g unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex. Never through the skin.