Can HIV infection spread through hand to hand contact?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 7 Jan 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Had a small cut on my hand by the thumb I had a small cut on my hand and two hours later my dad held my hand not realizing I had a small cut I believe he had no cuts on that particular hand that he made contact with my cut should u worry hiv???? He's my dad

How does Hiv begin the first signs early itchness
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome

Detailed Answer:
is your dad HIV+? in every case even if he is, the risk of transmission is negligible and you dont have to be worried at all. There is no early sign of HIV such as pain or itchness. it may present with flue like symptoms sveral days and weeks after infection,but there are no specific signs. But as I said, there is no risk,only if there were two open bleeding wounds in contact then risk is possible. WIsh you good health. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 4 minutes later
Like I said I did not see any cuts on that particular hand and he did touch it

I have a delicate situation I was out with my friend for lunch. Now I was on the bus I took a photo of my zipper and I think it was closed there was a passenger a female passanger and I deleted the photo of my zipprt I took now I have doubts was it open the zipper???? Now thinking I am confident nothing happen what do u think??? I know not everyone's not hiv postive but in parnoid not to have sex but in this case I don't kbiw what to think should I think about this encounter

Do u follow me
I kbiw deep in my heart nothing happen but the paranoia of this situation I want to take a test but I know nothing happen what do u thibk doc

I have a stench smell by my genital area by my thigh area on both sides and it's red is this hiv???? That conveys to the thigh area I had that a couple days now worried?????

Doc what u think

Why do I torture myself enjoy life

Listen throughout my body I get a cold sensation almost like an iv going throughout the body should I worry hiv???? And I have pains on the side of my stomach both hurting and growling all hiv related no diearah

Would I know uf my underarms are swallon how though
So the hand encounter I shouldn't worry right 100?percent
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Well in your situation it is obvious that most of your problems are caused by stress,anxiety and irrational fear of infection. This is not unusual and many people are anxious bout this as you are because of global fear of hiv which is seen in media. First,this hand issue and zipper issue is nothing. This is not the way that hiv is tranmissed so forget it. You can do hiv test for your own satisfaction but as I said there is no risk unless you had unprotected sex with hivpositive person. All your other symptoms are probably related to anxiety. Genital problem is probably caused by irritation or allergy reaction or uroinfection. I suggest to relax,try not to think on hiv,enjoy in life
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 3 minutes later
What's urionfextion

No but I thibk I did anything but it's my mind I believe with the zipper

I have to be postive and confident
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Yes XXXXXXX You 're trying to find problem where it doesn't exist so just try not to think about negative consequences which are irrational in case if hiv transmission. Uroinfection is inflammation of urogenital system and it is self limiting and rarely antibiotics are required in male.
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 9 minutes later
What do I do about this inflammation what are u saying about HIV tranmission irrational case ??? Is this concerning
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
You should do urinoculture and urine analysis to check for uroinfection. I said that there is irrational fear of being infected with hiv which is unnecessary for you.
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 2 hours later
I was in the reatroom and I was looking at myself and I do not remember if I touched anything I.e like anything dangerous should I be really concerned thanks

I thibk I'm dreaming again
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Why do you think that you should be concerned. Try to find some activity that will occupie you and enjoy in it. Try to do sport or read books,it will relax you and you won't have negative thoughts. This is based mainly on psychological basis and when you handle it then your fears will disappear too.wish you good health.
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 6 hours later
Your right but I can't help my self

I used a fork to try to get Something from the gabrage and I think one of my family members used it not sure though I put the fork on the plate and she took the xhicken nuggets by mouth but the fork which I used was laying on the plate should I be concerned?????

My toothbrush was there in the gabrage as well my mom doesn't kbow about this event

I dobt thibk it touched the toothbrush since the fork was laying there. On the plate should I be Woodrow's for her I don't think the the food was cominated by the fork just kaying there
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry

Detailed Answer:

Need not worry, I too do not consider that there is any risk of infection here with the fork or the brush. be assured.

Dr. Ivan Romic
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 27 minutes later
The fork was on the plate that I used for the gabrage
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
It doesnt matter. You don't get infections on that way. Don't worry. Bactrias can live only in live tissue not on things.