Can HIV be transmitted through protected intercourse?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi.. I had a sex with a girl before a year back and I dunno whether she is affected by HIV or not. Moreover v used condom. How I can check HIV positive or not internally as I don't want 2 visit hospital? And what is the minimum time period that a person will feel the symptoms after getting affected by it?
Wed, 30 May 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no risk of HIV with protected sex.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sounder,

Welcome to HCM.

You had protected sex with some girl then there is no risk of HIV even if she was HIV positive. Don't get worried and if you want to get tested go for 4th Generation CMIA test. If you are infected with HIV then symptoms will appear after 2 weeks but allay the fear or anxiety as you are absolutely safe and risk free. If still you have any doubt feel free to ask me again and I am here to help you out always.

Thank You

Follow-up: Can HIV be transmitted through protected intercourse? 6 hours later
Thank you Dr. It clears my doubt. Can you lemme know the main cause for HIV other XXXXXXX sex?

Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be transmitted through blood.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sounder,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

HIV can be transmitted through infected blood transfusion, use of infected needles or syringes and infected mother to her child apart from unprotected sex. If still you want to get any information please write to me again and I will help you out. Wishing you very happy and healthy life ahead.

Thank You

Follow-up: Can HIV be transmitted through protected intercourse? 21 hours later
Thank you. One last question. HIV spreads through semen ejaculation or vagina fluid while sex intercourse or just a contact between sex hormones for 10 seconds without ejaculation or fluid flow also spread it?

Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV spreads after penetrative sex.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sounder,

Welcome back once again.

HIV infection is transmitting only through penetrative sex with positive porson not via contact between sex hormones so don't get worried because you are absolutely safe and risk free. Be relaxed, forget about the episode and live your life normally.

Thank You