Can HIV be transmitted through non-penetrative intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hello doc,am homosexual...today I had some body play with a guy with unknown STD and HIV status. But, no oral or no anal was there, intense body rubbing and neck kiss also handjob was involved..am worried about STDs please help me out
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No risk of STDs (including HIV)

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

STDs (including HIV) are usually transmitted by unprotected penetrative sex - either vaginal, anal or oral sex - involving the exchange of infectious genital fluids (vaginal fluids, semen etc) and /or involving contact with infectious genital mucosae/ skin surfaces with each other such as during sexual intercourse.

Skin to skin contact like that involved in body rubbing, massage, handjob, kissing on neck etc is considered safe and not associated with any risk of transmission of STDs.

Let me know if I can assist you further.