• question-icon

Can HIV be contracted through unprotected oral sex?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Greetings Doctor Murugan!We spoked 2 weeks ago .I hope you remember me. Today i received my result for Hiv,HBs and Syphilis.They all came back Negative fortunately.The exposure was 30 days ago.for Hiv i've been tested with Hiv Combi(who detects both antibody and P24-Ag).If you wil give me your email,I could send you my results.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can upload or can send the reports as an attachment to email.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking once again on HealthcareMagic.

Your question has been posted on a common pool and Dr. XXXXXXX might not be available at present. However, I am willing to help you out. It is good to know that the test results are negative. In case you want to send the reports, you can upload the attachments using the facility on the upper right of this page. Alternatively you can email the attachments to YYYY@YYYY with the query id and my name mentioned in the subject.

I would await your response. Let me know how specifically I could help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
My exposore was 30 days ago and i performed unprotected oral sex to an excorte
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I have checked the attached reports. As you have already observed, the reports are negative. In such a case you can relax and need not worry further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 33 minutes later
Thanks for your readiness.Do you think i need another test for hiv ?My exposoure was on 15 may.Do i need another test in 14 august?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks again for writing back. I do not think that you need another test. I say this as it was an oral sex and transfer of contaminated body fluids in essential for transmission. In other words chances of transmission are less. However, if you want to clear any sort of anxiety, feel free to go ahead with the testing.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 20 minutes later
ok.Thank you doctor!All the best!
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to ask me back directly if you ever have a health related query in the future. I would be there to assist you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha