question-icon

Can HIV Be Contracted Through Unprotected Oral Sex?

Posted on Mon, 17 Oct 2016
Question: I am a male, i did unprotected oral sex with a sex professional in thailand where i suck vegina for 20 minutes, center was professional only for massage , i did protected sex with some other girls during 3 days period.
I came back XXXXXXX full of anexity.
I did some test.....
1. From local and small lab in a town told me Hiv-RNA or p 24 antigen on 28 th day.....non reactive
2. From dr lal path lab antibody hiv 1/2, screening test, serum ( by flow through immunfilteration........on 33 day ......non reactive ( no index shown)
3. From same dr lal path lab ..combo (antbody + p24 antigen)- Cmia method on 65 days........non reactive with index 0.05
............
I have some small symptom like some elergy in penish top, sore throat ( remain earlier this incedent) ....body pain....etc....

My questions......
1. Is my last test conclusive, if not how much percent to clean as i read.on your site that combo after 6 weak is 99% and i have done to on 9 th weak +
2. Is the lab good enough....
3. Should i go to for next test after 3 and 6 weak....
4. I take some homeopatic medicine for cough can it affect on window period....
....................
I did a big mustak..i am using all the precautions in my family.....but ine day i just insert penish in my wife vegina for less than 40 secound....no climex...but when come in mind i witdraw.....

Now i am affaired of that i m found positive, (if fiund conclusive).....is any chance that she may caugh with it........

I m too much affaired off....everythin is given up....work , hunger , entertainment....life is just full of anexity........

Waiting your reply.......

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (43 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
HIV NEGATIVE .

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Welcome to health care magic.I have gone through the details and can make out your anxiety.

The chances of transmission of HIV by unprotected intercourse with a HIV positive person is 1/200 to 1/1000. It is too low. She may be negative too. The chances of transmission by oral sex is nil , unless there are bleeding wounds in both.

The duo/combo test is repeatedly negative and after 28 days. HIV PCR is negative after 14 days exposure. Both are more than 99% sensitive tests.
You can allay fears of HIV.

The chances of tests coming positive later is nil.
You can go for final HIV 1&2 antibodies tests after 3 months , to be totally relieved of anxiety.
Lal path lab is a reliable laboratory.
Homeopathy Medications for cough do not alter the results.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venereolgist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (33 minutes later)
Thank you doctor......

in last 5 minutes after reading you .....best 5 minutes out of 3 month......

thanks for breif , motivated...point to point.....helpfull...
advise.......this is why drs are as god......not as but other face.....thanks again....

But one small question make me confuse.......
*in the local lab ...RNA or p24 antigen on 28 day ...very small lab but gave results in 2.5 hours........take only 300 rs.....is reliable to provide right results...
* i have small alergy on penish top and inside skin ...some ichingfull and some light pain.....also suggest some cream .....usefull........
* in 34 days in dr lal lab what test i did ....there not mention duo or combo......are you confident it wouid be reliable.......
* for last one weak + is headache....now fever in this period.......this may be due much more use of computer and XXXXXXX ...searching alot about hiv.........

now i correlate with hiv...

how much (%) you think i am clean.....

thanks i got this site........

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
HIV negative

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query and wishes.

The combo test(duo) from Lal Path lab done 65 days post exposure as you mentioned is a test for both HIV 1&2 antibodies and p24 antigen. It is reliable.
The time taken for tests can be quick if done in the same laboratory.S o they may give reports sooner.
As mentioned earlier both tests (PCR and combo) are sensitive.

The penile rash can be due to fungal infection or allergy or else.You can consult your doctor for examination and management. Otherwise you can get back with clear photos and details like symptoms, duration.
The other symptoms of fever and headache are non specific and not related to HIV.Take symptomatic treatment like paracetamol tablets.
Clean the area with warm water twice daily.Wear loose cotton inner wears.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (1 hour later)
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
HIV negative

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
The first one is HIV 1&2 antibodies test.
The second(combo) detects both p24 antigen and antibodies. Both tests suggest HIV negative.The combo test after 30 days is reliable after 1 month.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (2 days later)
Thanks doctor,

As per your specific and confident i am feeling relax........(sorry if my questions are repeating.....or poor english.....but you may understand my position)

I have some small question.......
* With reports of my first test on 28 day i visited to a reputed doctors in my town is MBBS + MS operating his hospital..........said to do serology (antibody)......i did in lal path on 34 day.................came negative............he said that ok and there is no possibility of hiv...........chapter closed...........but i confuse that i conclusive on behalf of antibody on 34 day.............

* i am myself went to same lab....for duo/combo................on 65 day......
was clean......... but my question is there is any possibility that on 65 days antibody in sufficient quantity are not being produce and p24 antigen due to being long period are not found....................

* after 28 days reliability of duo/combo is very accurate but please tell that this accuracy and reliability will increase or decrease as time will go forward, if increase than 65 days result will be much accurate on 65 days........in brief duo on 38 day will more accurate, on 48 days it will more and same 65 day near to conclusion or it will be vise a versa (opposite)..............

* as i am healthy , young no illness or weakness , physically no problem......so immune is very good so in my test on 65 days sufficient antibody must be present if i were infected and at least p 24 antigen were found..............

mean i feel that i am clean

but sir your view in percent that i am clean.....(as per accuracy level on 65 day by test report)...........what is my conclusive reports- expected- in percentage after 3 month..................as on your site i have seen that duo/combo result after 6 weak or after are conclusive and rare possibility to change after 3 or 6 month.
your expectation on the result will increase my confidence.............

* after 3 month i will make my antibody test will it be conclusive or 6 month also to do.......

* the RNA test which i don't rely also told me that we do it via viral load....and did in 300 rs but dr lal takes 3000 rs but other labs a telephonicly confirmed from others lab they all say it only hiv test............via viral load........is it that test you were saying much sensitive on 14 day with 99%............

please reply.............

thanks again.......

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (18 hours later)
Brief Answer:
HIV negative.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

The combo or duo test is reliable after 30 days exposure.It will be negative whether 30 days or 65 days exposure.The real value does not matter .If it is negative it is enough. RNA PCR negative after 14 days also is reliable.
But it is better to go for antibodies tests after 3 months exposure to totally be relieved of anxiety.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti

Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (11 days later)
Dear doctor,

i am again to get your advise ........my latest report is enclosed and earlier two reports are already send to you...........

breif about query/story of doubts of hiv........

i visited thailand on XXXXXXX 28.06.2016 to 01.07.2016...............

*28 and 29 -- doubtfull oral sex (sucked vegina in a professional massage roughly )---------this was base of my confussion to be infected......even all told that they are too profession and much more aware and they take care of their health.............its highly unlike that a happy healthy and professional girl may have hiv-----very less chance-----they keep regular testing-------

* 29 , 30 and 1 july -----protected sex --- but confussion came in mind so was very aware ---------but i also take it some risky which i am not aware of.....

* 28 th day (28th of july) ---- RNA or p24 antigen test - handmade report given -non reactive-----only 300 rs taken and time 2 hours ---very small lab---- so i am taking it very unreliable and unfaithfull test...........

* 02nd of aug.- 34 th day (only antibody test by dr lal path lab--reort copy already send you)----no index shown-- ----- non reactive.....
* 02nd of sep. ( 64 th day)--( combo antigen+antibody cmia method)--- index 0.05 -----non reactive----------

************************************
*** 27 of sept. (88 or 89 day)-- (combo antigen + antibody)---from drlal PATH LAB--report is uploaded----- 0.06 -------NON REACTIVE........

(days i am calculating from last day of my tour ...... if i count it from my doubtfull days---------the days will increase by 2 days.........
**************************************

Please also check my last report.............i am uploading.........

* may i now relax that i am not infected------100%
* is there any need to further test on more interval or it is sufficient.....
* as all site say it is conclusive by 100% if done twice after anytime 2 month in case of duo or combo it is 42 days onward 2 test are 100% conclusive..... but my test was made on 64 day or 88 days...........or 2 days more

* may i now do unprotected sXXX with my wife.....

* are dr lal lab test are equall or same efficient as per western and develop countries who say after 28 days combo test is conclusive...........
in respect all type and subtype of hiv.......

* as these all are sites only but you are expert so i will request you to provide not a suggestion but direction and i will fallow that.........

* index has increased by 0.01 point (63 days after it was 0.05 and now is 88 day is 0.06)-----------is it normal or multyplying..........??????

waiting your reply............

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
HIV NEGATIVE and is conclusive.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

The tests are repeatedly negative and the antibodies tests are negative after 88 days exposure. It is conclusive.You are free from HIV.
You can allay fears of HIV.

There is no need for further HIV tests.
You can lead a normal life.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (47 hours later)
Thanks for final decission,

Is there any possibility that 2 combo test after 64 and 88 day may have any possibility to produce false negative.........

and some sites suggest that in some cases it may take upto 6 month to detect the virus......

or should not think anything about it...means this chapter is closed..........

sorry for a irretating question ....

But your are requested to kick of my fear .......with final and detailed reply

Thanks again.........
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
HIV NEGATIVE AND CONCLUSIVE

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

Do not worry of false negative results. The tests are repeatedly negative, Moreover after 88 days . You can allay fears of HIV totally. It is conclusive.
There is no need for further HIV tests.

Antibodies will be formed by 2-6 weeks , latest by 3 months. So antibodies tests are considered conclusive after 3 months. Do not worry of 6 months tests. It is in those with existing severe immunosuppressed disease conditions (usually since childhood).
You forget the episode and lead a normal life.

You can get back to me for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist