Can HIV be contracted through unprotected intercourse?
I had my last sexual exposure 3 days back. I used condom but I kept having intercourse for about half minute even after ejaculation. While taking off the condom there was a stretch but I did not notice any breakage on it. Do I have any risk of HIV infection? Shall I get tested?
If you have doubt about breakage of condom get HIV tests done .
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had protected sex but you are doubtful about the breakage of condom and worried about acquiring HIV.
Based on the situation that you have explained It is safe to get blood test for HIV done one week after the exposure and repeat it after three months to be rest assured about acquiring HIV.
This will help to allay your anxiety.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Unprotected intercourse regestrone
- Should i be concerned with hiv infection after unprotected intercourse
- What are the chances of contracting hiv from protected intercourse
- Unprotected intercourse with hyperthyroid patient
- What are the risks of having hiv after unprotected intercourse
- Unprotected intercourse chances for pregnancy
- Pain after unprotected intercourse
- Had unprotected intercourse have throat pain loose stools hiv
- Unprotected intercourse during period
- Unprotected intercourse hiv transmission probability