Can HIV be contracted through unprotected intercourse?
Now the person I had sex with I have asked him about his std tests. He said the last time he had sex before me was a year ago, and he had done blood work after 3 months. So if his tests were normal. Would mine be normal too?
Also would taking vitamins and herbals alter my tests?
HIV tests will be normal .
Thank you for query. Welcome to health care magic.
I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
I have gone through the query and can make out your anxiety.
The chances of transmission of HIV by single unprotected intercourse with a HIV positive person is very low. If he is negative there is no chance of transmission of HIV.
If his tests are negative after 3 months exposure, then he is free from HIV.
The antibodies tests are considered conclusive after 3 months exposure.
Vitamin and supplements will not alter HIV results.
You can allay fears of HIV.
You can get back for any clarification.
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venereolgist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Unprotected intercourse regestrone
- Should i be concerned with hiv infection after unprotected intercourse
- What are the chances of contracting hiv from protected intercourse
- Unprotected intercourse with hyperthyroid patient
- What are the risks of having hiv after unprotected intercourse
- Unprotected intercourse chances for pregnancy
- Pain after unprotected intercourse
- Had unprotected intercourse have throat pain loose stools hiv
- Unprotected intercourse during period
- Unprotected intercourse hiv transmission probability