• question-icon

Can HIV be contracted through sharing razors?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: As per your advice I started to lead normal life...
Today an incident has happened...
Due to busy schedule I went to a barber shop for shaving.When I entered into this barber shop,I noticed that there are 2 counter inside this shop. 1st Counter man just finished shavings of one person and started to take his break fast. 2nd counter person was sitting idly.So 2nd counter person took a old razor and new blade from 2nd counter and shaved me.After shaving he spread shavings lotion on face (not alum block)...2nd counter person started to take his break fast...
2-3 minutes I was in barber shop....and noticed very very less amount blood is coming from one spot..
I asked about this bleedings...then & then 1st counter person from his counter took a alum block and put into water for a second and then press on my bleeding spot...then & then bleeding stop...
no dry blood I noticed on surface of alum block..
Is there any risk for hiv transmission...any more test required....earlier this type of incidents happened multiple times...never fear...but presently I am getting fear...
please advise...your advice very effectful for me...
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No risk of HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

The risk of HIV transmission is not there in your case and no further test is required because the survival of HIV virus outside the human body or in an open environment is very difficult and it will die within few minutes only so allay the fear or anxiety as you are absolutely safe and risk free.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist