Can HIV be contracted through protected sexual intercourse?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Hi , I am 20 years old male and yesterday I have lost my virginity ever since I have been scared and nervouse and feeling I have a flu. Note that I have used condom and I have not done a oral sex.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry!There is no risk for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your history,having protected sexual intercourse and without oral sex , you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV or some STI.

You should know that during a protected sexual intercourse could exist the risk to get just HSV 2, HPV and syphilis (if the partner have lesion in the skin that aren't covered by condom).
I think that these recent symptoms you have are related with just a simple flu.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through protected sexual intercourse? 2 days later
Thanks for the replying.

I still have a cold without a fever since the day after it happened should I be worried about anything regarding HIV or it's just a normal thing because of the weather?

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry about HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Based on your history, I emphasize again that definitly there is no risk for HIV infection.
This could be just a simple cold or flu that are more possible during this time.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through protected sexual intercourse? 7 hours later
Hello, thanks for replying again

I have checked my tempreture and it turns out I have a Normal tempreture. I don't have any runny nose etc.

The problem that I was facing turns out be "fatigue" its like feeling tired and weak. I still can go to the gym but i don't feel that i am 100% when I work out.

Most of the time I don't sleep enough especially this week since I have been traveling. The fatigue happened day after I had sex so is this a coincidence?

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is not related with HIV.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry for my late response.

Please don't worry this situation os not related with HIV.
This is just a coincidence and could be because of your stres and sleeping not well.
I suggest to do a full blood count.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.