Can HIV be contracted through protected sex?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi Doctor

I had protected sex with a csw after 3 days i notices pus in my tonsils and my gp checked ans said I have swollen lymp node in neck and put me on antibiotics.But no sore throat or fever can this be ARS am I infected with HIV.Can ars occur in 3-5 days
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is not due to ARS.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Welcome to HCM.

You had protected sex with CSW then there is no risk of HIV infection in your case. As fas as enlarged or swollen lymph nodes are concerned it might be due to some other bacterial or viral infection but not due to ARS because the symptoms of ARS will take at-least one weak to develop so don't get worried or tensed as you are absolutely safe and risk free. If still any query is there feel free to ask me again and I am here to help you out always.

Thank You

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through protected sex? 6 hours later
I have one query doctoe. Ars symptoms take one week to develop means it will start one week or it will become noticable after one week? Because my lymp nodes are not noticable and only foud by the gp.Is there any other std that can cauae the same symptoms in 5 days?

Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
The symptoms start after one week.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The symptoms of ARS start developing after one week of infection and the enlarged lymph nodes can be due to multiple causes but in case of STD it will take very long time to have swelling of lymph nodes and in your case the risk of infection is zero so no need to get worried or feared. Be relaxed, forget about the episode and move on in life happily.

Thank You

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through protected sex? 39 minutes later
Thanks Doc.I was in a panic state and your answer made me calm down.Thanks

Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Welcome back once again.

I am very happy to hear that you are feeling relaxed now and you are most welcome any time if you need any kind of help in future from my side. Wishig you very happy and healthy life ahead.

Thank You