Can HIV be contracted through oral sex?
Human saliva is not infectious as such for HIV.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
Human saliva is not infectious as long as it is not contaminated with blood. Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV as per CDC XXXXXXX (USAhttps://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html). That Low risk also is only when the sucking individual is HIV positive.
Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV. Recipient has more risk.
Oral sex both insertive and recipient sex have low risk for HIV infection. Among these, recipient is more at risk when the insertive partner has HIV as the partner comes in contact with semen than the one who inserts his Penis into other's mouth.
Dr S Murugan
Test for HIV and rule out the least possibility.
There is nothing wrong to have a HIV test and rule out the least possibility of HIV infection. That will calm your mind, otherwise small ailment in future will be likely to correlate with the past incidence. It is ideal to have the HIV test 3 months after the oral sex.
Dr S Murugan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oral sex protected intercourse contracted gonorrhea risk of hiv
- Is there a possibility of contracting hiv after oral sex
- Why is catching hiv through oral sex
- How risky it is to get hiv from oral sex
- Contracting hiv through oral sex
- Risk of contracting hiv from oral sex
- Chances of contracting hiv from oral sex
- Had oral sex ejaculated out risk of hiv
- Had oral sex concerned about hiv
- What are the risk of hiv with oral sex