Can HIV be contracted through oral sex?
Hi and welcome to HCM.
The risk is very very low, estimated to be around 1/20 000 , even less if there wasn't any active bleeding. So I don't think you should be concerned at all.
If you have any doubts about status of your partner, you can get done HIV tests but generally I don't think this is required.
Feel free to discuss further
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oral sex protected intercourse contracted gonorrhea risk of hiv
- Is there a possibility of contracting hiv after oral sex
- Why is catching hiv through oral sex
- How risky it is to get hiv from oral sex
- Contracting hiv through oral sex
- Risk of contracting hiv from oral sex
- Chances of contracting hiv from oral sex
- Had oral sex ejaculated out risk of hiv
- Had oral sex concerned about hiv
- What are the risk of hiv with oral sex