question-icon

Can HIV be contracted through oral sex?

Posted on Sat, 4 Apr 2015
Question: Hello I did a bliw job on a man 5month ago with out swalloing his cum and never had fever of lymph nodes. I did herpes test and it was negative. Right now I have a painful cyst like or lump that hurts and I try to pop it I couldn't only bloody like fluid apeared very very about a drop of Rain or smaller came out when I touch it I feel it round the lump it's under the skin not shown above it my concerns here swallowen lumph gland from HIv even though I shave my armpits and recently I did wax the lump like cyst is here for 3 to five days it's under skin pimple or sawalloem lymph gland from hiv infection

doctor i just want to make my head clear since there is not cut or sores on the man penis and i did not swallow the cum and i would now if the the man pre cumm in my mouth and the saliva enzymes kills the hiv. what is my chances of getting it? my concerns is pre cumm only. p.s i saw his cum there wasn't blood it . what are my chances of getting if he was infected with Hiv? i don't know of he's is or not since i did the herpes test and its negative

the hive is the aids virus right ?

please any one answers me I'm freaking out
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
HIV is not possible after oral sex.

Detailed Answer:
Hello young lady,

Welcome back to the forum and thanks for your query.

I had guided you before regarding your previous queries.

Regarding your further queries: it is practically not possible to get the HIV infection by precut too. It is because of the fact that salivary enzymes stopes off the infective portion of virus. The resultant virus is then non infective.

We generally do not go for any HIV test after oral sex because of the fact that this is not a mode of HIV infection. So relax yourself and do not worry.

For the skin condition I request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of the affected area.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY & Sexually transmitted diseases
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (13 minutes later)
I've sent it now please note that I usually shave my armpits but last time I waxed it

Dr quick thing if there is no male fluids in my mouth no hiv
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (50 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
These bumps are basically known as folliculitis. not at all related to STDs

Detailed Answer:
Hello young lady,

Welcome back and thanks a lot for sending the picture of the affected area. After analyzing the picture with best diligence let me reassure you fully that the bumps are not at all related to any type of sexually transmitted infection including HIV.

These bumps are basically known as folliculitis. This is due to the blockage and irritation of the oil glands and very commonly seen after waxing. You can see in the picture that each bump is related to hair.

So allay all your fears related to HIV or any other STDs and relax. I hope these information will help you. If you have any further queries I will be glad to help.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (11 hours later)
Doctor I'm not talking about the bumps above the skin I'm talking about a cyst like lump under the skin not shown above it could it be in grown hair or pimple

I'm worried about the lymph gland
Brief Answer:
The bump kind of structure is simple ingrown hair only and not a lymph node

Detailed Answer:
Dear young lady,

Welcome back and thanks for your swift follow up. The bump kind of structure is simple ingrown hair only and not a lymph node. If you can see in the picture it is raised red structure. I reassure you fully that based on all the circumstances you have enumerated there is no possibility of HIV infection in your case.

I reassure you fully that you are totally alright and oral sex is not the mode of infection in HIV.

I hope these information will help you. If you have any further queries I will be glad to help.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (2 days later)
Dr I just wanna ask you for my future information can after 5 month or 4 of oral sex I'm not saying that I'm infected with hiv but it can cause some mosquito like bite hiv symtoms because I read it's one hiv symtoms. I just returned to my country and it's full of mosquito but I'm an anxious person I jut need to assure my self I will send some pictures . At first it's was a red spot then I scratched it was not itchy but it is itchy when I scratch it after scratching it's not itchy any more
And this following question please I need you pecefcally to answer.
When doing blow job with out having male fluid in your mouth it doesnot cause hiv even if I have cut or bite in my mouth? I just need to reassure my self and I will stop asking you and bothering you I know I bothered you but it's a matter of life and death to me and my family that's why I'm asking you

Those mosquito like bite only on my arm and one under my chin

I've sent the pictures
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Not HIV. Simple insect bite hypersensitivity.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Welcome again to the forum and thanks for your follow up.

I have analyzed all the latest pictures and after ddiligently examining these, I reassure you fully that there are no signs of HIV in your pictures. These red eruptions are basically insect bite hypersensitivity some which are scratched. Oral sex is not a mode of infection of HIV and there is nothing to be worried about the same.

So just relax and do not worry. You are most welcome to clear as many as doubts you have in your mind. I'll be glad to answer any further queries.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
Dr what about night sweats usually I do sweat around my XXXXXXX Plus my A/c is not cold could it be a sign of HIV or not I read night sweats are one of HIV symptoms do I worry my self or not
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (32 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Night sweats is not a typical symptoms of HIV. Do not worry. relax.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Welcome back to the forum and thanks for your follow up.

Regarding your further query: Night sweats is not a typical symptoms of HIV. In general most commonly it is seen in anxiety states.

If night sweats are associated with HIV then before that there more important of the symptoms of HIV. A most typical of all the symptoms is fever of very high grade. As I am reassuring since the beginning of our query that in your case there is no possibility of HIV. In the same manner these night sweats are basically associated with the stress and anxiety associated with HIV and nothing else.

So do not worry and relax for any possibility of HIV of relation of night sweats with the same. I hope you must be relaxed to know the simple facts. I will be glad to answer any further queries.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (23 hours later)
Hello dR,
A few days ago my left lower arm and hand starts to have a mild pain that is just a bother, and today it feels like some one been setting on it with little bit tingling and numbing sensation. For your information I just moved back for good from the states to my country, and the states has a very harsh cold weather, which led to not use the AC for 4 months. During my last day in USA I wend ice skating and feel on both knees and hands , and I've been carrying a heavy travel bags to know the right weight for the air port. Plus, I've been pushing a carry on and a purse that it's a heavy one. Then, I went to my country which has a right now a good and sometimes a hot weather. And it's been 10 days since my travel, and I've been using the AC ever since. My lower left arm never bothered me till two or three days ago and I've been jet-lagged ever since. Today I read about how this is related to HIV, and I started to worry again because you know me so well right now. Is this really related to any HIV or Std's infection? Even though I have a negative herpes test what are my chances of getting STd from my famous ORal sex with out swalloing any
Male fluids. Do you recommend getting tested for hiv? Or just relay on your advise and relax my mind!! And do you remember the bump under my armpits I just popped today and a solid like creamy fluid came from it and I've been putting fusobact ever since which is prescripted from a family doctor. I'm really worried about my hand is it an impact for all the previous thing I told you in USA and accumulated to have a bothering sensation? Do recommend seeing a doctor?

Dr related to my last
Quarry I be been light headed today just for a bit then I'm ok. I down with mild cold from weather changed and I think I have sineces and I do smook hookah every day. I've been admitted to the hospital for ovarian cyst rapture and it cause a bleeding is this related to hiv or not since they did a full blood count to cheack my organs and was good

I feel like there's is nothing wrong with me and I'm just making a fuss because of my guilt

Dr forgot to mention I always sleep on my lower left arm because I like to sleep iron my tummy and right now my right leg are little bit hurting me is that because if the traveling because I used to walk a lot in USA because I was doing my masters
Brief Answer:
None of your problems are related to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear young lady,

Welcome back and thanks a lot for your detailed query.

I have analyzed each and every line with compete diligence. After reviewing the complete query let me again reassure you fully that none of your problems are related to HIV.

All of your symptoms are basically related to the stress and the tiredness of journey. None of your symptoms are directly or indirectly related to HIV. Take rest of 2-3 days completely and start with your work.

You are very much correct in your perception that it is just because of your guilt regarding the episode that you are repeatedly thinking in same direction. It quite often happens with all of us and there is nothing unusual in the same.

Every human being is prone commit one or the other mistake. And it is also true that we learn form out mistakes only. So, just calm done yourself and get ahead with a fresh day forgetting all the past events.

I am just besides you for soling all your issues and concerns.

"May God bless you"

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia

Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (8 minutes later)
Dr but I came 10 days ago do you think this mild pain and numbing came way after 10 days should it be a the same time
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Your pain and numbing are not at all related to HIV illness.

Detailed Answer:
Dear young lady,

I appreciate and understand your part of concern. The basic issue in your problem is to differentiate between HIV and non-HIV symptoms.

So, I reassure you fully that mild pain and numbing are not at all related to HIV illness. It is due to basic cause of lifting weight and slight never irritation which can cause both mild pain as well as numbing sensation. In some of the patients with nerve irritation can have the symptoms for few weeks too !!!

I again reassure you fully that your pain and numbing are not at all related to HIV illness.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist