• question-icon

Can HIV be contracted through non-penetrative sexual activity?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I have went to a sex worker 2 days back. no intercourse happens. she was with cotton pwhether ant and I was with jeans pant and underwear. I just rubbed 5-6 time in her vaginal area(with dress) she also with cotton pant. but I have not seen any wet in my pant. after I masturbated myself.

if wet would have happened in my pant through her cotton pant. if I have touched that wet before my masturbation.after also I touched my penis. it would cause HIV.
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry.There is no risk to get HIV infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcaremagic.

Based on your history, just rubbing with dress and no sexual intercourse, I think you shouldn't worry because there is no risk to get HIV infection.
So, even if you have touched her vaginal secretions there is no risk because you should know that the HIV cannot leave outside the body just few seconds and needs a direct sexual contact.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 10 minutes later
thanks madam, my doubt whether HIV can transfer from vaginal secretion to her cotton pant and then it stick to my pant after touching the liquid then to my penis like that. I heard it quickly dies expose to the air that is true. but I have not even opened her cotton pant. can HIV pass through dresses with secretions
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry.There is no reason for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Even in this situation , transferring from vaginal secretion to her cotton pant and then it stick to your pant after touching the liquid then to your penis , you shouldn't worry because there is no risk to get HIV infection in this way.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 32 minutes later
thanks madam, Hope I don't require testing
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

You are welcome.
I emphasize again that in this situation you do not need to test for HIV.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist