Can HIV be contracted through non-penetrative sexual activity?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had a hand job from a massage parlor few days ago. After an hour of massage with massage oil. I was careful to ask the masseu to wear latex gloves which I brought with me when she started to rub my genital with massage oil. After I ejaculated I was also careful wiped myself with my own tissue paper. I peed and showered about 15' after that. Please note I watched to make sure she did not touch her genital and she wkas in full clothes the whole time.
After 2 days I felt some mild itch on the foreskin of my pennis but no pain, discharge, bump or any sore lession. I clean myslef with cool water and the itch went away and come back mild and sporadic. It's been 5 days now and I still experience mild itch on my genital. I hope it's not std, please help. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No possibility of any STD. Relax it is due to contact oil

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the possibility of any Sexually transmitted infection after the massage.

I have diligently analyzed your query and noted your concern. After thoroughly interpreting all the facts let me reassure you fully that the mild itching is due to simple sensitivity of oil and further massage over the penile area. There is nothing related to any Sexually transmitted infection.

I quite often counsel your kind of cases where one is quite anxious about any minor changes and correlating with a STD.

To tell you simply about STDs that these spread through the exchange of fluids from cuts or abrasions or through genital fluids coming in contact. In your case there had not been such kind of situation at any time.

So allay all your fears and just gently wash the arwa for 3 to 4 times. Wear cotton clothes and cotton undergarments and stay away from heat and humidity.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. I am curious how long the std bacteria/virus can survive on the surfaces and do they live in massage oil?
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
STDs are not spread through massage oils.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back and thanks for posting your further concern.

Bacteria and viruses realred to STDs do not survive on surface one these are air dried. As oil is not a suitable medium for the growth of the bacteria or any other microorganisms related to Sexually transmitted diseases so these also do not survive in oil.

If massages could result in Sexually transmitted infections then probabaly all the persons visiting for massages would have had been suffering from one or other STDs.

So allay all your fears for the possibility of any Sexually transmitted infection.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases.
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 21 minutes later
Great! Thank you Dr.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Best wishes for your healthy life.

Detailed Answer:
Dear young fellow,

My all best wishes for your healthy life ahead.

Thanks a lot for using our forum.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia