• question-icon

Can HIV be contracted through non-penetrative sexual activity?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Infections
Question: Hey,

Yesterday i went for a massage and we both massaged each other and i fingered her vagina for a while and i rolled my fingers on her body and she also touched her vagina few times and later she masturbated me for a while.My concern i am scared what if her fingers or hand has vaginal fluids while she stroked me .i dint have any oral or vaginal or anal intercourse .
Answered by Dr. Divakara 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Depends on the kind of exposure.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

I went through your query and I can understand your concern.

See , the risk of transmission of STD's ( especially HIV ) depends on the kind of sexual exposure and the Infectivity status of the person involved in the sex .

Now since you have not had any Vaginal or oral or anal sex , the risk is extremely low ( Neglegible ). Now what we need to check is while the girl was giving masturbation to you , were there any cuts or skin erosions over your Penis ? If yes then there is a slight risk of HIV .

Next is infectivity status of the girl : If the girl is HIV Positive and there were cuts or skin erosions ( before or after masturbation ) then you have slight risk , but if the girl is not positive then no risk at all .

So tell me were there any cuts or skin erosions over your Penis ? ( before or after masturbation )

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 3 hours later
No there were no skin erosions or cuts on my penis where is there is active bleeding
Answered by Dr. Divakara 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
No risk of infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for the information.

Then there is no risk for you, just relax.
Dr. Divakara