Can HIV be contracted through multiple protected sex encounters with sex workers, especially while experiencing ear soreness post exposure?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Fri, 15 Feb 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I recently came back from hk vocation, i had 4 times protected encounters with CSW, it has been 3 and half wks since last encounter. I had a blood test last wk for sti and hiv, all negative except dust mite allegy appeared. Last two weeks i have experienced soreness under both side of my ears, but no other symptoms, i would like to know the soreness would be related to my recent encounters. I also experience mild headach as well. Im concern about this issue
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not related to HIV or any other STD.

Detailed Answer:

You had protected encounter with CSW all the time and blood test results for HIV as well as STI came negative after around 4 weeks then there is no risk of HIV from this exposure so just calm down.

Soreness under both ears and headache might be due to other reason not related to HIV. Consult the physician to isolate the cause and follow the treatment regime.

Hope I have answered your query. For any further query get back to me again. Thank you.

Dr. Sunil Jangid
HIV AIDS Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 47 hours later
Thanks for the reply doctor, so you can confident to say i should not infected by any hiv from my encounters that happened 3 and 1/2 weeks ago? I just couldnt work out why i have sore neck and mild headach since my returns that all, thank you for your time
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes for sure.

Detailed Answer:

It is definitive that you are not infected from HIV at all from your current exposure. Other symptoms like sore neck, headache might be due to any other reasons not related to HIV; so relax, forget the episode and move ahead in life happily with family.

Hope I have answered your query. Thank you.

Dr. Sunil Jangid
HIV AIDS Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana