Can HIV be contracted through manual genital stimulation?

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 24 May 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Got a full body swedish massage from a masseuse. Then she gave me handjob. No sex, no oral, couldn't see any blood on her palms. Is there a chance that I have got HIV?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry there is no risk for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your history, having just handjob and massage , you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV.
You should know that the risk to get HIV infection exist from unprotected sexual intercourse and not in these situations.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 27 minutes later
Hi, thanks but m a bit worried.. Can there be chance that if there was a cut in her palms and the blood with the virus went inside me through my penis during the handjob. How probable is this? Also, is there a chance for any kind of STD. by this activity?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no risk for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry for my late response.

Please don't worry there is no risk for HIV because she must have an open bleeding cut to exist the risk of HIV transmmision.
In this situation exist the risk to get syphilis if she have secondary siphilis( have lesion in her hands).

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 14 hours later
So when you say that it must be open bleeding cut, do you mean that it has to be severely bleeding.. Or even a minor cut with no blood coming out from it is also risky? Actually i did not check her hands after handjob, i am assuming she did not have any cuts because there was no blood on my penis or on my body after the massage. I don't know how deep a cut should be.. M really worried. Please help.
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
It must be severely bleeding.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing back.

It must be severely bleeding cut and not a minor cut without blood to have the risk of HIV infection.
So, based on this I emphasize again that you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee