Can HIV be contracted through kissing?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hello.sir... recently on dated 29 th november 2017 i met one lady.... i was done mastrubation from her. On that time i have wound over lips which is small amount of blood present.i kissed her neck only... incase her blood is prsent on that time. Is there any chance to get hiv from closed mouth kissing.please.clearly explain... iam vert depressed... pls give answer to my question incase her blood was present her neck...i did not notice pls give valubale amswer.. cleraly explain. I am very depressed
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist).
I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
There is no risk of HIV through this particular physical contact. Kissing on skin of neck is absolutely safe and if you did not notice any blood while kissing on her neck, that means there was no blood or else you would have noticed it!! Even if we hypothetically assume that she had a wound on her neck, then also it had to be an actively bleeding wound and her blood to come in contact with your lips for her to pose a risk of HIV. Since you did not notice any blood or wound on her neck, so relax. You were not at risk of HIV from this incident.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through kissing? 29 hours later
Yesterday u told na sir.i met one lady on one month back..i mastrybation from her..on that time i kiss her neck.i have small wound over my lips.while kissjng her neck my wound over lip was bleeding.plsease i dont have risk from hiv na.pls sir.. on that time incase she was bleedin on neck place is there any risk...that wound over lips... sir already told anthoer doctor in this forum..but all people are told me is no risk.pls give me good suggestion iam very depressed pls sir next time i didnot any mistake

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding risk of HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
If your lip wound was actively bleeding and you kissed an actively bleeding wound on her neck then there is a risk of HIV. Not otherwise. However you earlier said that she was not bleeding from neck!

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through kissing? 3 hours later
Sir..thanks..for reply
Sir. I have one more doubt i was wound over lip on that i was taken medication on that time it was not blood present.. and... i did not notice anh active blood in her neck.. so i am not any risk.. thank you sir...
Iam not risk.pls sir iam very depressed.sir.pls thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Yes. You are not at risk. Relax