Can HIV be contracted through intercourse while on PEP?
The risk of transmossion of HIV is very unlikely.
Welcome to HCM. I have gone through your query and understand the concerns you are worried for.
You had protected sex with an HIV positive women but the condom broke then the risk of transmitting HIV from such single exposure is very remote.
You had sex with your wife on 10th day after start of timely PEP than it is very less likely that HIV can be transmitted to her so don't worry so much.
You can definitely go for 4th generation HIV test immediately after completion of PEP. It is surely reliable and conclusive after 4 weeks of exposure.
Don't get anxious or scared as the risk is very less in your case. Be relaxed and go for the test, result will surely be in your favour. For any further query get back to me any time. Stay happy and healthy.
Also practice safe sex in future.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Odds of contracting hiv
- Oral sex protected intercourse contracted gonorrhea risk of hiv
- Contract hiv shallow penetration
- Sexual intercourse with a prostitute risk of hiv
- Condom break while intercourse chances of hiv
- What are the chances of contracting hiv from protected intercourse
- Pep hiv side effects
- What are the chances of contracting hiv through vaginal intercourse
- Chances of contracting hiv
- Unprotected intercourse hiv transmission probability