• question-icon

Can HIV be contracted through contact with blood on skin?

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: hi I noticed a drop of blood in the restroom I picked up wth a towel like a pool towel now I dont know if anything contacted withit drop of blood like I wiped it with a towel what do you think hiv test?

like any pART OF THE BODY OR MOUTH I DONT KNOW IF IT WASD A DROP OF BLOOD OR NOT I DONT KNOW IF I MADE CONTACT WITH IT ONH THE TOWEL EHAT DO YOU THINK
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

If you noticed the drop of blood, and since you are very aware, I highly doubt that you would then have touched it.

If it was on the towel and dried, then there is low risk. HIV does not live on inanimate objects or other surfaces for very long.

Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 2 minutes later
In saying saw the drop of blood but wiped with towel the only part was the towel but I'm saying Is don't know if it came in contact besides my hand I picked the towel with my hand that's what I'm saying hiv testing
Like it was on the surface of the table looked fresh but never touched but wiped it with a towel though but I'm saying don't know if my mouth came I contacted with leaning towards no but what do u think
I mean don't know if the towel with that on it came contacted withy mouth I'm thinking no should I worry
Hiv test look these hockey players NHL they beat each other up what do I say don't bother hiv testing
What do u think thanks
But the drop of blood was there I don't know how long ago that's what I'm saying than I wiped it off should I be really thinking about this tanks

I don't think I made contqct s with my mouth but the only contact was with my hand that's about it I did have a scan on my hand no cuts though but the mouth part what u should I say contacted or no regarding mouth
This a
Is all I can remember forget this epsiode would u worry thanks

Contact by mistake by mouth or no or am I making self crazy
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
I wouldn't worry about it having contacted your mouth as that does not sound like something that is possible to have happened incidentally. Further, HIV does not simply spread that way.

HIV really requires specific circumstances - sexual contact (intercourse), contact with fresh blood such as someone working in the hospital, or sharing needles with someone who has HIV. Other situations do not pose a risk. So please - no need to worry here.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 minute later
So ur saying zero chance
So testing from doctor
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Yes, no chance per your description.

Detailed Answer:
Yes, no need to worry. This is not a situation that poses a risk.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh