Can HIV be contracted through contact of one's blood on open wound?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
i scratch my self on my foot and i bled because of my nails but than i touched the open cuts on my foot with my fingers since my fingers came in contact to other subjects any hiv hep b, c risk
Fri, 11 May 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Don't worry, no risk for HIV and hep b and c.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing in HealthcareMagic.

Based on your history, just scratching yourself, I think you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV and hep b and c infections.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through contact of one's blood on open wound? 3 days later
i was eating baked peas from a bag and i ate some peas that touched the edge of the bag any worry for hiv hep b,c risk.and another incident i was rapping coins and my fingers got dirty from rapping coins since my fingers touched inside my mouth any hiv hep b,c risk

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no risk for HIV , hep B and C.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Please don't worry there is no risk to get HIV hep B and C in these situations.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through contact of one's blood on open wound? 36 hours later
i had peanut butter cups in a plastic bag since the plastic bag fell on the street ground am i still safe to eat the peanut butter cups

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Yes , you are safe to eat if the peanut butter is in a plastic bag.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through contact of one's blood on open wound? 39 hours later
i was putting rice in a container in a store than grab a top to put on a container except i dont know if the the top was clean or not in that case any hiv hep b,c risk

and 1 more question i was eating onion chips and onion chips went and touched at the edge of the bag and since i te 5hem any hiv hep b,c risk ? thanks doc

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry there is no risk for HIV and hep b and c.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Based on your history , I think you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV and hep B and C in both situations.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Can HIV be contracted through contact of one's blood on open wound? 46 hours later
sorry doc 1 more question a container glass i purchased in a store that had tomato sauce inside touched my frying pan any hiv hep b,c risk since i ate food in the frying pan after i cooked in that same frying pan

Brief Answer:
There is no risk for HIV and hep B and C.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Even in this situation you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV and hep B and C.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.