Can HIV be contracted through contact of infected saliva on an open cut?
Please don't worry!
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.
Based on your history, both babies sucking the same toy, I think you shouldn't worry because HIV cannot be transmitted through saliva exchange.
The only risk in this situation exist if the baby had blood in mouth that could have a direct contact with an open bleeding cut in your baby mouth.
I hope my answer helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Minor cut with hiv contact
- How much deep a cut shut be there for infection of hiv
- Hiv infected spitting in open wound
- Hiv wound hiv infection secretion
- Will spitting blood and saliva cause hiv infection
- Can hiv infection spread through saliva
- What are the risks of contracting hiv from saliva
- Hiv infection vaginal fluid open wound
- Worried about hiv infection had unprotected sex have open cut
- Hiv through open cut
- Can HIV be contracted from biting someone on the clothing?
- Suggest treatment for fever, lack of appetite and loose stool
- Suggest treatment for persistent headache while on antibiotics
- Suggest treatment for recurrent malaria
- What does my IGG result report indicate?
- What causes lymph node swelling while treating tuberculosis?
- Can HIV be contracted through oral sex?
- Suggest treatment for red bumps on the vaginal lips and inner groin area
- Suggest treatment for severe sore throat and jaw pain
- Is HIV RNA test done 2 weeks post exposure conclusive?