Can HIV be contracted from sexual activity despite negative test results?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi i am having sex with my aunty from last 8 years and we are active and our health is good. After having sex with her on first year due surgery doctors did hiv and my report came as hiv negative still we are continuing our relationship she left her husband. I have some hiv phobia.. i need some counselling do we get any infection like hiv... as we are living like wife and husband. I have poor knowledge on hiv...
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer.....chances of HIV are there if either of you resort for unprotected  sexual relationship with multiple sex partners
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern. If both of you haven't indulged in unprotected sex with other partners,since the last negative HIV test,then there is no chance of HIV.
Chances of sexually transmitted diseases,including HIV,increase if there is unprotected sex with multiple partners either by you or by your partner.
If both of you are doing sex with each other only,and you have been tested negative for HIV,then no chance of HIV.
I hope it explains everything,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 31 minutes later
Neither of have any sex contacts from outside. We are doing in home only. I have another question can i marry a girl and can i have sex with her.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
If both of you are sexually involved with each other only,then no need to fear from HIV.
Yes you can marry any girl and have sex with her. It is your life and your personal choice and medically there is nothing against it.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 10 minutes later
Thank you sir u made my day i also have thyroid test and it also results negative i undergone test in last year so my my fears are just useless?? My weight is 90 i maintaining the same weight from last 3 to 4 years..my aunt counceled me lot of times that hiv will transmit if we have unprotected sex with hiv infected persons. She also said hiv cannot develop by ourselve is it true sir??she also add we can have sex with un infected persons?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 minutes later
Your aunt is correct. HIV gets transmitted if you do sex with HIV infected person and it doesn't develop inside you,of your own.
Thanks