Can HIV be contracted from kissing with a bleeding sore on the lips?

Dr. Muthu Krishnan

Posted on Sat, 17 Mar 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello doctor... recently 15 days back...i met one lady... i done mastrubation from her... and... i kissed her neck few seconds...only... and on that time i have cold sore..over lips.... which is blood present... i kissed her neck... na... her neck.. her neck place... blood is bleeding or not i dont knowm.. on her blood and... my cold sore... is there any chances from. Hiv... please... give rrply.... and explanation.... pls...help mee... i post this query...fourth time... pls... clarly explain...me...is there any chances getting hiv...iam so scared
Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have no chances for getting HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear

Welcome to HealthcareMagic. I have analysed your query. My opinion is that, you have no chances for getting HIV.

HIV will be transmitted mainly by blood transfusion,anal sex, vaginal sex,sharing needles etc.,

So you don't have any chances to get HIV infection.

If you still fear that you may have HIV infection,kindly do ELISA test 1st month and 3rd month after the sexual intercourse.
Thank you.
Feel free to ask any questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng