Can HIV be contracted from handling foreign objects?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I was walking home with food all of a sudden i see an item on ground apparently I never stopped but it appears like to be a stick of some thought not certain if i picked it up or not now my finger is sore should i worry shouldd i go back and check to see what it is thanks my brain likes to play with mme all the time cause im so carefully.
Hi was in a restaurant actually the lobby of the bar and i was sitting at the bar and i keep looking over next to me but the chair was tucked in like the presentation of it nbow I keep looking at the seat now ewhen i went to check apparently nothing was there on the next to me but all i recall there was nothing on that particular seat i was looking at what should i do go back to make sure nothing was on that seat the reason why im asking this cause my finger that was describing to you it hurts thanks apparently no bleeding but sore hiv test? thanks. I just dont know what too say thank Doc.I just dont know what too say thank Doc.I’m really hanging there by not getting back there ocd I think
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
I think you are right

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Although it is never possible to diagnose OCD without interviewing the person but the chain of thoughts described above largely favors your thinking pattern alike OCD. As you might be knowing in OCD we have unwanted thoughts witch we know that there is no truth.

First thing I feel you need to have proper engagement in one or another activity so there is little time left to think over small matters which are otherwise very significant.

Secondly there is need for psychiatric evaluation as soon as possible. This will give you the required peace of mind as OCD is treatable disorder.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 17 hours later
Hi was talking to a coworker of mine and all of a sudden my hand went down on his motorcycle there were sharp edges what do not know but he said oh needle now u can’t take a photo of it a all I know it was front of his motorcycle please research motor cycles as now I’m freaking out here.Weird as soon I did this a little mark I don’t think I was bleeding but that mark was from what I made contact with hiv test?? I showed when I got home hiv test thanks. This really occurre please ask a specialist. How can stress make someone sick can u actually due from stressing. Die
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stress have effect almost all organs of body

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

Stress can not kill per se but cause significant morbidity for the individual. Since stress originates in the brain, same organ controlling other body systems, excessive amount of stress leads to malfunctioning of any of them resulting in illness.

Regarding HIV I like to inform you that virus can not survive outside human body for long time and injury with sharp objects (of motorcycle) unlikely to spread HIV.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks again.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
But no death regarding dtress

How’s the the photos
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
They are normal, no bleeding

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

The photographs show no evidence of any bleeding. There is some evidence of superficial injury (seems like burn) but no actual bleeding.

I hopethis helps you further.
Thanks again.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 5 hours later
The small dot though that what it looks like a burn??

But can an injury cause hiv in genrral?? Without bleeding thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

I do not think the injury with objects can disseminate HIV as the virus doses not survive outside human body for a long time.

Yes the area appears burn.

I hope this helps you further.
Thanks again.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 5 minutes later
Can u ask other doctors please regarding what I told you thanks

I trust you just feel better
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ok

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for having the trust which is essential part of diagnosis.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 8 hours later
A person from my condominium was holding my arm but I think upper portion don’t recall but I think felt something in my skin I think this the area ??? Hiv test anything broken
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV test have no value in current day

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

I do not think there is value for HIV test on current day as it takes weeks if not months to show conclusive results.

I hope this helps you further.
Thanks again.
I’m saying is there a reason for testing see arm anything iprn??

Open
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

I think he was holding your arm because he was not aware of the real problem. It is also possible that he thought there is serious injury and needs support.

I hope this helps you further.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 hours later
Where do u see any openins

Oh he though any openins but there is not

I was distracted with my phone and a Jones’s person was sitting on bench now i don’t know if he made contact with me at all any concerns like u know making contact with some thing remember I was distracted with my iPhone what should I do thanks this took place out side

Homeless
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

Yes it is possible that you did not get notice of happenings around because of phone. However the attached images are very clear and do not show any open wound.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
How about this wheee there’s a line going downwards and a can worker used to work there I think touched ur for a sec

I mean touched it I face hi. A slap on hand with that hand not realizing I had this ?? Worry

The skin is upen but I don’t see any fluid u agree with my Theroy panjcjng it just relax

No worries or concern thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Setting your worries of utmost importance

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

I am really glad to know that you understand my point and decided to set your worries which is of the most importance. You know many of your concerns are due to obsession and supplying nutrition to your obsession (by worrying) should be the last thing.

I hope this helps you further.
Thanks again.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad