Can HIV be contracted from eating foods that made contact with blood?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: hi i dont know what to say I bout oatmeal cookies from subway the sandwich shop he was wearing gloves but for some reason they were sooo salty not salty but really salty So I spit them out took a photo to see if anything was weird apparently I couldn't find the source all i can think of blood??? as he was giving me the cookies but he was wearing gloves though I dont know what to think I ate them this morning november 17 though I ATE ALOT OF THEM BUT THISD PARTICULAR COOKIES WEIRD TSASTE AS IN SALTY hiv test honestly??? all i know I was bleeding I do believe not sure in my mouth imv screwed am i? i spit it from the sink and maybe a bit of bllood or am i coding from this occurrence thanks
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I don't think what you were tasting was blood.
The taste of blood is really more metallic than salty.
Besides, as you said , they had gloves on.
So overall, I think it was a poorly prepared cookie.
I do not think you need to worry.
Taking the test? Not a problem. It's just a blood test. I don't think you need it. But if you take the test, I think it will settle the issue and put your mind at rest.
So yes , you can take the test.
I didn't clearly understand the part where you spit the cookie. Was there blood?? or just a component of the cookie?
Please let me know the test result for further suggestion.
Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 37 minutes later
What do u mean comment though I think he had gloves on wh n u spit maybe blood no hiv testing???

If u were would u???

Testing for diehard

STDs

But it was oatmeal cookies though why did puke it be soo freaking salty

Was Hiv aids

How can the taste really salty almost like bitter taste but I was eating a lot of ghen no problems at all I kept eating them and I got a little taste in one of them as well same taste though u may be right but can u ask the hiv specialist doctors please worry?? Honestly

Could it be the rasin though

Can ur be salty the raisin
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take the test

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your responses.
Yes, it would be better to take the test for HIV.
As of the other possibilities , like a bad raisin, none can confirm that unless the cookie itself is sent for testing.
So as of now, I will suggest testing HIV. If you have the remnants of the particular cookie it could be sent for testing for food grading.
Best of luck.
Dr Mittal
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 7 hours later
But what does giv have to do with ur
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions

Detailed Answer:
hello.
the question has not been typed properly.
I guess you want to know why I am considering HIV.
First , as I said previously to your consideration of possible HIV - it is less likely to be HIV.
Having said that if you are considering blood related infection, HIV should be strongly ruled out.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 8 hours later
My dad says ocd it’s nothing

U agree with him
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions

Detailed Answer:
it's a fair possibility.
but it's an unsaid medical rule to consider diagnosis like OCD only if medical diagnoses are ruled out.
best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 hours later
Meaning ehqt
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggested

Detailed Answer:
Meaning we can consider OCD after infection is ruled out
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 9 hours later
I’m aleways ocd all the time

I did something in my condominium all I know looked in the mirror and I think squesszed something on my skin I hope it wasn’t anything dangerous

Hiv test??

This took plaxe in wlecator
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions

Detailed Answer:
it would be better and more comprehensive if you could monitor your spellings and ask all your questions as one question instead of a series of questions?

regular OCD needs behavioral therapy.
I am sure you can meet a behavioral therapist in your area.

as for the incidence in the elevator in the condo, since details are not clear, comments cannot be made about possible HIV.

best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad