Can HIV be contracted by just touching a wound?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: what can i say i cut my left on my thumb and it was in the morning ASnd in the afternoon a woman was assisting me with the phone and she touched I do believe I have a photo what it looks likes apparently no cuts oh the had she made contact with now is this an hiv thereat
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to get HIV from being touched on cut

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. Request you to please upload picture of your cut for accurate discussion.

2. From what you describe, it looks like there is no HIV threat from the incident in which the woman touched your cut.

3.Being touched over a cut by another person will not cause HIV infection.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.

Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 20 minutes later
have u on Facebook

XXXXXXX XXXX i posted it on your conservation
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
There will be no HIV transmission

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back with an update.

1. Transmission of HIV requires virus containing fluid to enter the bbody befoire it can cause infection. A woman touching your cut without any intention is not a HIV risk. HIV transmission will not occur in the event mentioned by you.

Hope your query is answered.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar