Can Glycomet and Gemer 1 be taken for type 2 diabetes?

Dr. Abhay A Mali

Diabetologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in Diabetes
Question: Hi
I'm diagnosed with diabitis with glucose level : on fasting 128
And PP :307.
I am advised to take half tablets each of Gemer 1 and glycomet.
It seems both are having metformin in their composition.Can u advice me whether i can go with that. I'm from XXXXXXX Thanks in advance.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
medicine is appropriate

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question..

After going through your question , I can understand your concern.

Type 2 Diabetes is due to insulin resistance.

Tab Gemer 1 contains Metformin 500mg and Glimeperide 1mg.
Tab Glycomet contain Metformin 500mg.

Metformin decreases insulin resistance. Glimeperide increases insulin secretion. Whatever the medicine given to you are appropriate.

Along with it, you should control diet and follow regular exercise.

Hope I have answered your question,
I will be happy to answer your further questions, if any.

Dr Abhay Mali.
Diabetologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad