Can Fol XT, Cpink and Cdense be taken during pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: my wife is 3+month pregnant and doctor suggested 3 tablets till delivery
FOL XT
CPINK M
CDENSE

my queries: is it ok and suitable.

my wife does not take any other medicine and has no allergy towards any medicine.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cdense not needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.

FOL XT and CPINK M are multivitamins which are prescribed in pregnancy.
However, CDENSE is calcium orotate which is not at all indicated in pregnancy.

I will suggest you to inquire about CDENSE and the reason for starting this tablet.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Feel free to ask further.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 36 hours later
I consulted my doctor and i was told that it was calium tablet neccesary to consume till delivery for a pregnant ladies.

Could you please let me know what are the side-effets of taking this medicine?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
safety of calcium orotate is not known in pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Calcium supplementation is needed in pregnancy.
However, the safety of calcium orotate is not known in pregnancy and is not mentioned by US FDA.
It is advised to take tablets containing calcium carbonate, calcium citrate malate for supplementation in pregnancy.
These are considered safe in pregnancy.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad