question-icon

Can Fas -3 kit impact one's chances of conceiving?

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018
Question: I am 29 year old and Trying to conceive from last 4 month and having little bit infection so my doctor suggested to take fas -3 kit for me and my husband both. Fas -3 kit can affect in conception. My last period was on 20 XXXXXXX 18
I had abortion in July 16 .
I am having 28 days regular cycle .
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Can affect the pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
FAS-3 kit can affect the conception and can have adverse effect on early pregnancy.
It is better to avoid it after day 10 of the periods, if planning conception.
However, if the infection is severe, then you should defer the plan to conceive in this cycle and take proper treatment.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine